Thursday, September 8, 2011

love jornal notes

I've never been kissed like that.
Cupped my jaw with the slightest breath of fingertips.
Delicate moments stolen from fragile seconds
Trading this passion through the force of the thought
That there might not be tomorrow.

In that moment you changed me -
I now believe in the stories about love my mother told me.
I would often lie awake at night wishing, wishing a fools hope
That those stories would be true.
Like the fairytales I'd hear but know there's no way it could be real.

And now I stand here,
Hurricane rains kissing my face
Like your lips
Which fell again and again like a hand of violence.
Wishing they would leave me silent.
I am breathless and though
quiet, not speechless.
Our tongues tattooing out a morse code
On eachother
Of all the things we thought but it was too early
And fragile to make into sound.

I think I found I think I found
Racing through my head
Like dreams or secrets and other such whispers
That we lay there sharing after
Hands twined, shoulder to shoulder.
And you would not stop kissing me

Like this rainfall
Like these winds that blow away
The skeletons of our past.
Leaving us two blank slates to write on eachother
The beautiful love story of a future
As young as we are, in this moment,
Could be endless.

We complete in eachother a ring of endless light
Ringing with praises that reach out to the one who made us.
Thanking that throughout whatever series of unfortunate stumblings
Still led us to one another.
That all our imperfect choices made with imperfect hands
Could still make a past of sorrow into a life beautiful.

Love like this makes us infinite.

No comments: