Monday, September 26, 2011

heartache

I woke up this morning and I missed you.
Im trying to be careful but I wonder if there will ever come a time
When I won't wake up to feel this dull pain where my heart is said to be.

I remember the warmth and feeling of light spreading across my chest
Just because I woke up and saw your sleeping face.
I always want to touch you in these moments
Just to prove to myself that you are real -
This isn't a fairytale or dream.

There's nothing like falling asleep in your arms
And waking up to the sun in my eyes and you, glowing and beautiful.
but now there is rain and Im alone upon a familiar bed
Reaching out for something I can't have. That is no longer there.
And I try to remember, painting incomplete portraits of you.
I dream frail dreams that don't capture your light.
I spin and imagine different outcomes
That don't ring true without your voice to lead them.

I remember so much and forget a little of you every time you go away.
So please, if you're listening to anything I say,
return to me
So the world will be right again.

No comments: