Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lazy Sundays are for loving

"I wish you didn't have to work in the morning. I wish it was one of those days when you wake up fine and the sun is out and the day is warm. I wish we could just lay in bed and you could hold me and I would read to you la dispute lyrics like poetry. And we wouldn't say much but just understand. 

And you would know what I mean when I say 
"In your smallest touch are things which enclose me, or that which I cannot touch because it is to near."

I would read you my favorite Paul neuruda and my favorite Alysia Harris and you would absorb the love I would try to tell you, desperately in these borrowed voices. 
I'm mute. 

All the things I would try to tell you in stupid poems and good ones 
and ones when it came down to it, 

I was too afraid to write. "

No comments: